Wednesday 10 September 2008

Gotta love the Royal Mail

I've been getting to know the Royal Mail quite a lot better this summer thanks to my ebay ventures.

Before ebay I had never sent a package, and letters had been done by asking my parents for a stamp. Now I could tell you quite a lot about posting various things at the post office. Another great facility. Essentially they are one and the same, seemingly functioning incredibly smoothly.

I got my best feedback today on ebay. It was: 'Totally Awesome! If I could give 6 stars for speed I would! Thank you!'

To be honest I was suprised to get any feedback at all today. The guy I sold the item to paid for it at 4pm yesterday, I took it to the post office at 4.30pm and he received it today. This was just standard first class post - pretty impressive I think. Since he wasn't expecting it for about 5 working days I daresay he was more suprised than me.

So the Royal Mail takes your letter or parcel, and posts it to wherever you detail on the front. We take this service for granted so much. What would we do otherwise? Drive the letter a couple of hundred miles and find the person's house? This is why I also think it is an incredibly good value service. I can send a small package a couple of hundred miles for just £1.45, and it will get there within 24 hours. I know the delivery time I got yesterday was exceptional, but the same principal applies. Your letter/package travels a long way for a very small cost.

So that is why I commend the royal mail. And I say please don't close the post offices. They're awesome :p.

Complimentary Rant over.

No comments: