Tuesday 2 September 2008

Poker

I feel I should write a blog - haven't done one for ages.

I seem to have been playing a lot of poker recently, over the last two days. It has all been on pokerstars. They gave me $5 so I could try playing with real money. They may have hooked me in, however I have vowed never to use my own money on it. Which means I have to try and get as far as I can on this $5. So far I'm about even, having lost about a dollar of it last night.

The trick to playing the tables it seems, is patience. Wait for a good hand, and then, and only then, play it. But it's often tempting to play the worse hands.

Last night I seemed to be really lucky at times. I had a royal flush. The second I have ever seen come up in play. I also had pocket aces 3 times. Lucky.

I also tried my hand at a few 10 cent buy in tournaments. These had 360 players, and the top 36 places got paid. My best finish was 31st. Although I was quite happy to make the money, I only won 20 cents. So not really worth the hour and a half of play. I say that but it was quite fun, and I recovered some of my old poker experience from a few years ago. Plus I was doing other stuff at the same time.

Hopefully I won't become addicted, but it shouldn't matter if I'm not going to put any of my own money in. Who knows? Maybe I could make a bit of money?

No comments: